Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day 10

Today was sooo hot outside. Hot and humid. Luckily, I work in an air conditioned building and I don't have to travel outside too often. hehe. :)

At work today I just did the usual. Editing and translating. Nothing too exciting to document on. However, for lunch I did get to go to the Jay Chou restaurant, Mr. Jay, that is on campus. EVERYTHING inside is Jay Chou. There are pictures of him everywhere and there are props from his movie and music videos in there. THERE IS THE PIANO FROM HIS MOVIE SECRET IN THERE AS WELL. haha I was such a tourist, taking pictures of random things everywhere. The food though, EH. I've had better French-Italian cuisines, but it was relatively cheap for lunch. I had their lunch menu which included my choice of entree, which was a smoked duck spaghetti with balsamic vinegar cream sauce (sounds fancy right??) with a salad and milk tea all for under 200NT; under $6! what. a. deal. My Taipei 101 juice was more expensive than my lunch -__-

After work, my roommates and I went shopping underground at the Taipei Main Station and then met up with one of my roommates' friend for dinner. We had beef noodle soup (nu ro mien) for dinner at the underground mall in the Taipei Main Station. Next stop, upstairs! Lol. This place is too big for just one evening.

I bought a lot of things when I went shopping down there today. There are just too many cute things to buy! I got a really cute umbrella, a stitch and a totoro phone plug, a cute Taiwan keychain with my last name engraved on it, and some random hello kitty stationary I plan on giving as gifts to friends. The pens here are also so cheap! I bought 5 for 50NT. That's not even $2! I will definitely be stocking up before I go back to the states. >:)

What really makes me mad is the fact that I am too fat to be in Taiwan. LOL. I'm too fat to fit into any of their clothes...but their clothes are cute and cheap! UGH. Why do Taiwanese people have to be so small and skinny?! I hate this one-size-fits-all crap.Oh wells, I'll just have to suck it up and move on or seriously lose some weight. haha. I think I'll go with the first one, but maybe one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment