Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 17: Shilin Nightmarket

OMGOSH. It was SO HOT today. Apparently, it was a record breaking 38 degrees Celsius, so around 100 degrees Fahrenheit! I was sweating balls whenever I walked outside.

I had such a filling breakfast this morning. Sao bing yo tiao and soymilk is just too good! I was able to meet our newest intern and coincidentally, she's also an aKDPhi! From UPenn too! Hehe, now that's three in the office! KDPhi is taking over Taipei! 

For work today, I got to attend a conference to hear about the obesity issue in Taiwan and programs that have been created to intervene and decrease the rate of obesity. I felt super under dressed since everyone was in slacks and a nice dress shirt, while I was in a crop tank and shorts. haha at least I was wearing closed toe shoes!

After work, my roommates and I went to Shilin Nightmarket and met up with some more friends there. I really wanted to play the fishing game, since that is the only place I still know that has it, but I couldn't find it. :( Shilin Nightmarket is just waaaay too big. I did however, get to play the marble game that I played when I was younger. At the nightmarket, I had the huge fried chicken patty that was the size of my face, stinky tofu, and mango shaved ice. YUM. *Side Note: I never knew Taiwanese people didn't add tapioca onto their shaved ice with fruit. I got the strangest looks, even from the waiter, when I asked them to put tapioca on my mango shaved ice.* I also bought a very cute belt for only $3 and a handbag for less than $10! hehe what a deal. I wish I bought more things and got to shop a little bit more, but everyone was super sweaty and tired. That just means there is more for next time! hehe. I can't wait until I come back again. I become a little kid every time I go to a nightmarket. :3

When we came home, we had two cockroaches in our bathroom waiting for us. It was absolutely revolting. I don't understand why cockroaches are alive. Same with mosquitoes. I really don't understand what they do to help the ecosystem out. Spiders and ants I can understand, but no cockroaches and mosquitoes. *shiver* One was slowly dying on the floor and the other one (which was HUGE) was eating the poisonous food we put out so we had to wait for it to die before we could shower. It was so gross, but eventually both of them toppled over and we just decided to flush them down the toilet. haha. I really don't know what to do with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment